The Who are We? blog post series will showcase each of the five Communities of Practice within the Child and Family Learning Network.
Just in Time Parenting (JITP) is a parent-friendly series – from prenatal to age five – available in English and Spanish.* JITP highlights key research-based messages to help the whole child thrive, providing developmentally specific information at the most teachable moments.
Just in Time Parenting:
- Promotes healthy growth and development—socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually.
- Identifies developmental milestones and progressions, and obesity prevention messages.
- Helps to prepare children for school success.
- Reinforces positive parenting and family stress management.
- Gently encourages and reinforces family strengths, thus affirming healthy, vital families.
- Connects families to resources in their local areas when help is needed.
A multi-state team of Cooperative Extension professionals at leading land-grant universities develop and evaluate Just in Time Parenting resources. Just in Time Parentingpromotes every child arriving in school healthy and ready for success.
Our goal is to engage families with the messages they need – in the format that is most convenient for them — at the most teachable moments. Click on JITP.extension.org to explore and/or subscribe to Just in Time Parenting.
Please note, the Families Matter! series has not yet been translated into Spanish.